What is marketing automation?
Marketing automation is technology (and process) that helps marketing drive more qualified leads to sales. Marketing automation typically consists of the following components:
- Digital tracking – provides tracking of every interaction of the prospect from email opens and clicks to form fills and pageviews on websites and landing pages.
- Trigger based nurturing – provides the ability to interpret a lead’s behavior and to automatically direct them to a different campaign or send specific content based on their interests and stage in the buy cycle.
- Scoring – provides an automated way to prioritize leads based on who’s engaging with content.
- Lead management – the ability to automatically flow leads to where they need to go (campaigns, sales reps, CRM systems, etc.) based on criteria specific to each client.
- CRM integration – provides the ability to send “sales ready” leads to CRM systems for the sales team with added sales intelligence about the lead. Also provides updates and metrics back into the marketing automation system for closed loop reporting.
- Email and landing page creation – ability to create both emails and landing pages using WSYWIG editors (no HTML coding required). Users should be able to create and have landing pages hosted without IT involvement. Emails and landing pages should be easily integrated into campaigns to drive lead engagement.
- Sales alerts – provides the ability to notify sales reps via email (should be mobile friendly) of a prospect’s behaviors in real time. Full information about the lead should be contained within the alert so that the rep can immediately make a call. Alerts should be real time, so there is a greater chance for the rep to get a hold of the lead. When a rep is alerted should be configurable by each client.
Want to learn how marketing automation can benefit your clients? Fill out the form below to download our full guide.